Easy ways to add more turmeric recipes into your diet
- Turmeric recipes can spice up your rice dishes. It’s especially appropriate for organic white basmati or Indian “parboiled” rice. Parboiled white rice is frequently from India, and it is nourishing and digestible enough to be suggested by Ayurvedic doctors.
- By the way, Asian rices generally contain less arsenic than domestic rices.
Make sure the rice isn’t well-cooked or soggy, and then lightly stir-fry the rice in a appropriate pan with a cold-pressed organic oil of your choice sprinkled with black pepper. Add some chopped cilantro and/or whatever drools your taste sprouts.
- Eggs can be fried or snarled by using butter or coconut oil with a liberal sprinkle of turmeric and sea salt. Don’t forget the pepper.
- Spicy lentils. Use green or brown lentils that can be prepared in about a half-hour with a two-to-one liquid to lentil ratio. You might try organic vegetable stock instead of purified, fluoride-free water. When the lentils are nearly done, lightly stir fry-turmeric crush in ghee or coconut oil. Mix the turmeric and oil and with the lentils and some black pepper.
- You can create a similar dish with chick peas or garbanzo beans. If you use canned garbanzo beans, make sure they are organic and the cans are labeled BPA-free. But it’s healthier and cheaper if you simply soak dry bulk gradual chick peas in pure water during the night and boil them for a half-hour or so.
Either way, coat the chick peas with plenty of turmeric powder, black pepper, and some sea salt mixed with an organic cold-pressed oil of your choice. And then lightly bake the mixture on a medium level oven setting for 15 to 20 minutes.
- A cooling turmeric recipes summer elixir can be prepared by first sweltering certain turmeric root, allowing it cool down somewhat, discarding the root and adding honey, lemon or lime, and a dash of ground turmeric with a pinch of black pepper. Pour over ice and enjoy.
- How about a smoothie? You can blend a half or a whole banana with some grated or powdered ginger, raw honey, freshly squeezed lemon juice, a teaspoon of bee pollen with two teaspoons of turmeric paste prepared by stirring turmeric over heat in ghee or coconut oil and black pepper.
Blend with activated almond milk. Dana will tell you how to make activated almond milk here.
- Here’s a convenient way to ensure your daily turmeric recipes: Prepare a turmeric paste that you can refrigerate for several days and use to quickly prepare a “Golden Milk”.
Turmeric Pickles– Conscious Health
- 250 gms raw fresh turmeric (kachche haldi)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large lemons/nimbu – yields a bit more than ½ cup lemon juice or add more if required
How to make the recipe:
Wash and thoroughly dry the turmeric roots. Peel and chop very fine.
Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds and hing. Stir until the seeds pop. Cool and pour over the sliced turmeric.
Add the pickle masala powder and salt and stir well.
Cover the lid and store in refrigerator. Keeps for up to 1 month AS LONG AS not a drop of water gets into the pickle, such as by using a wet spoon to get the pickle out of the jar. The water will cause fermentation and the pickle will spoil.
Eat in very small quantities with the meal.
Turmeric Milk Recipe – (Haldi Doodh)
- an inch piece of turmeric root, grated or 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 220 ml of milk
- honey/ sugar to taste
- optionally freshly pounded black pepper
How to make the Recipe:
- To begin making the Turmeric Milk (Haldi Doodh), bring the grated turmeric and milk to boil for a couple of minutes. Once it boils, turn off the heat and let the turmeric milk mixture to rest enclosed for a couple of more minutes. This will bring out the essential medicines and color from the turmeric.
- After a couple of minutes of resting, straining the milk from the turmeric into a glass, stir in sugar or honey and black pepper and serve the Turmeric Milk while still hot.
- Note: If you are using turmeric powder, you have to boil the milk with the powder, add in the sugar/ honey and serve as it is. You don’t have to strain the milk.
Turmeric Rice – A nice golden color
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 drop thyme
- salt and pepper
How to make the Recipe
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in saucepan, add onion and garlic, cook until softened.
- Add rice and turmeric; stir to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients,bring to boil, cover and simmer 17 minutes.
- Stir in remaining butter, remove bay leaf, serve.
Turmeric Egg Salad Sandwich
- 5 hard boiled eggs – peeled and cut in half
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp of Season with Spice’s ground turmeric
- 1/2 small red onion – chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives (optional)
- Cucumber slices
- Salt & black pepper to taste
How to make the recipe:
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, salt, and ground turmeric. Mix well.
- Use a fork to crush the firm boiled eggs to your desired texture, then add in red onion (and chives), and stir in the mayonnaise mix.
- Serve on toast or soft whole grain bread. Place cucumber slices on top and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Turmeric Soup Recipe
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
small piece of ginger, chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup kale, chopped
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan; adding cabbage, ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and boil for 5 minutes until cabbage is soft.
- Add salt, turmeric and coconut milk and let is simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve hot, garnish with chopped kale leaves.
Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
- 1 head of organic cauliflower
- Pinch of cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil [or coconut oil]
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Pre heat up the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut cauliflower head into flowerets.
- Place cauliflower into a baking dish. Add olive oil, turmeric, cumin, and salt then mix together.
- Cover the baking dish with foil to retain florets from drying out and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- Then, remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes.